- Good afternoon Fowler Family!
- COVID UPDATE:
- Last week we shared that a Fowler Christian Apartment [FCA] assisted living employee tested positive for COVID
- As a result, our FCA assisted living residents and other team members who had contact with the impacted employee, were tested
- We are pleased to share that all subsequent tests were negative. No additional FCA employees or residents tested positive for COVID
- As of 1:00 pm October 12, 2020, Dallas County Health and Human Services is reporting 336 additional positive cases of 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Dallas County for a cumulative total of 86,775 confirmed cases, including 1,056 confirmed deaths
- FOWLER UPDATES:
- As of today, FCA independent living residents may begin welcoming visitors!
- Visiting Hours for FCA are Mon-Sun, 9am-5pm
- Residents may have 1 visitation a day, up to two people; visitors must be 18 years of age an older
- All visitors are by appointment only
- Call (214) 515-1361 to schedule
- Visitors must enter through the Means Activity Center and be screened prior to their visit
- Love Your Neighbor Basics is required for the visit
- Masks worn at all times
- Maintain social distancing – social distancing is as important as a mask
- Wash hands before and after visit
- Sanitize hard surfaces
- Our Virtual Blessing of the Animals will be on 10/19 at 2:30pm from Channel 6 in the Schneider Chapel. Send your pet’s name to Venessa either by the flyer that was delivered to your apartments or email at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 14. Teammates, you can send your pet’s name to Venessa as well.
- TEAMMATE TUESDAY:
- Happy Birthday to Seychelle Jackson who celebrated her birthday yesterday, October 12th!
- Happy Birthday to Goldia McNeil whose birthday is October 16th!
- Four new teammates joined the team yesterday!
- Welcome Carlos Bueno! Carlos will be serving in dining services.
- Welcome Virginia Coleman! Virginia will also be serving in dining services.
- Welcome Linda Solis! Linda will be serving as a Floor Tech.
- Welcome Sherea Thomas! Sherea will be serving as a Housekeeper
- I’m so happy these four new teammates chose us to serve with! Welcome new teammates!
- Michael Blackwell has a teammate story to share.
- “Last week the Ciscor system went down at Jackson. Gentry and Luis both came over quickly to begin trouble shooting. They made calls and worked for hours to ensure the system was back up and running smoothly. They both had already worked their normal daytime hours and they both stayed late to remedy this issue. Then they both stayed after that working on other items. We don’t always see what others are doing and I think it’s important to share with everyone what these two team members did last week. They both displayed loving people by ensuring the safety of residents with getting our call system fixed.”
- Billie Collins had a voicemail from a sweet resident at FCA who shared the following praise report about Fred Yarbrough.
- “ I have a praise report for the wonderful van driver who took us to vote this morning. He made sure we were the first ones there to vote today. He picked us up at 6:15 am and not only took us to the voting location but he helped us with our walkers and stayed with us. He helped us tremendously. He is wonderful.”
- Make it a great day on purpose!
All COVID Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919