- We are 11 days into White House’s 15 Day Slow to Spread mandate
- Today I want to talk about community. Community means It means time spent together. Real time. Time for conversation, interaction, and a deepening of communion, of intimacy between 2 or more people. Community is never general or generic. It is always specific and definable by people spending time together. Now, time spent together does not guarantee community.
- Fowler is community. Fowler has risen to the challenge of the global pandemic. Fowler is continuing to find ways to be in community with each other even with the restrictions we have had to implement. We continue to pull together through our broadcast, devotions, music, employees helping each other, and by families calling and facetiming with their love ones.
- One may we have become an even stronger community is by our ability to offer full time hours to part time teammates that have been lay offed off from other businesses that are not considered essential.
- Some of you know Michael Blackwell who works evenings in Jackson and Linda Buchanan who works weekends in PNCC. They are both joining us full time on top of their normal part time jobs with JFC! They are stepping up and helping in our greatest area of need. The ladies in our administrative building cannot stop singing the praises of Michael as he is helping us with deliveries all day! He is doing the heavy lifting and getting his steps in as he takes deliveries all over the community.
- Other teammates are getting cross trained on new roles to help us out. Linda Lucky that works in our EVS department in Jackson has been helping us out on the receptionist desk around our community!
- We have teammates coming in on days off and pitching in anywhere they can to help us facilitate our new “normal”
- We had an administrative teammate, Amy Harrison, develop an amazing process for receiving the grocery orders for the team. This process has ensured everyone gets their orders timely. Other support services teammates have created processes for documenting when we receive shipments and when they can be delivered after the 24-hour hold. We have a complete assembly line developed and working well in our administrative building.
- I want to continue to praise and thank our teammates who are all navigating their own lives outside of JFC as well. Yesterday I was at home with my children and had to be a kindergarten teacher for my 6-year-old Hayden. All I can say is thank goodness for recess and for teachers all over the world who have the patience to teach daily.
- And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. Hebrews 10:24-25
- Thank you for continuing to do your part to stop the spread.
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385