- Clearly, we all needed some humor yesterday – we opened the floodgates – thank you to all who have sent us more
- My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately, that when I pee it cleans the toilet!
- This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she thought her cat understood her. I came into the house, told my dog. we laughed a lot.
- Resident Bob Scohmp shared that he has conquered one of his most pervasive fears. Bob says “Prior to today, I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey. Today, I was able to turn myself around. That’s what it’s all about.”
- That is what it’s all about – for all of us
- Digging deep and pulling ourselves out of the funk this could be putting us in
- How can you do a mental health reboot
- Journal – if you don’t know where to start, here are some Shelter In Place Prompts from our friend author Missy Buchanan
- Write about some of your childhood friends
- Describe your childhood home
- Describe your first job
- Describe a special celebration – like a birthday, a prom, or your wedding
- Describe what Easter morning was like when you were young
- Tell about a joke you played on someone or someone played on you
- Tell about learning to drive
- Tell about another time you were brave even though you were afraid
- Create a gratitude list
- Other things you can do – read a book, listen to music, call your family and friends
- You can also reach out to Chaplain Venessa. We have a team of Chaplains that can pray with you
- We have so much to be thankful for
- We are all healthy!
- No one at Fowler has contracted COVID!
- They said on the news today that it appears that Americans are sticking to social distancing and the experts believe the numbers of deaths based on the predictive model will drop – we are all doing our job – staying in; social distancing; wearing masks
- Dr Fauci told us that the number of hospitalizations and intubations has dropped off.
- This is all great news!
- And we have Godwinks all around us
- Pastor Virzola Law and Northway Christian Church provided lunch for our team today
- We have the most amazing system setup to place grocery orders
- A quick word about grocery orders. We are so grateful for your patience. Our team is ordering what you request; in many instances, the store is sending what they have. If you have asked for Lysol, we are ordering Lysol but it doesn’t mean you will get Lysol.
- We have some emergency supplies – we have ordered toilet paper through our vendor – no one needs to worry about having toilet paper.
- For our residents in Fowler Christian Apartments, we have an emergency pantry – do not go without food.
- So I will close with our last funny
- I went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.
- Keep laughing – we will all be together again soon.
- Thank you.
All Daily Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
Statewide COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919.