- Hope you all had a nice Easter – there were so many wonderful services online
- Thank you Chaplain Venessa for Fowler’s beautiful worship service
- Today’s updates are about another way we are trying to protect you
- While crime rates may be down in some areas, the scammers are still in business
- Today you will get a flyer outlining some of the latest known COVID scams
- Fortunately, you live in community and many of these opportunities will not affect you – you will not experience scammers knocking at your doors
- There are other ways scammers will try to take advantage of you through phone or email.
- I want to share some red flags for you
- If you get a Robocall [a voice recorded call] hangup
- COVID testing kits will not be sold over the phone
- A hospital will not contact you demanding payment for a family member’s hospital bill from COVID
- Health officials – including the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and prevention – will not ask you for financial information
- Be wary of charities soliciting donations over the phone to help with COVID
- A scammer will apply pressure or use fear to make you act
- A scammer will claim there is a scarcity to make you buy immediately
- A scammer will make you think everyone else is doing it too
- A scammer will claim they are with reputable business or organization
- Many of you have asked about Laura Star’s wedding plans.
- Laura was an FCA team member for a couple of years and transitioned to our Mission Advancement team last summer.
- Laura and her fiancé Daniel had planned a beautiful wedding for this Saturday in Corsicana.
- Her wedding as it was planned will not take place due to COVID
- However, Laura and Daniel will be married with their parents at their side on Saturday
- Their parents and priest have been honoring Fowler’s rules for isolation so that they can be there
- For those who wanted to send cards, you may send those to Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Porting c/o the Administration Center. Laura and Daniel appreciate your prayers and well wishes.
All Daily Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919.