The ministers in our midst are keeping us supplied with our opening monologue
- Here’s one from Rev. Schomp
- I got up this morning and ran around the block 5 times. Then I got tired, so I picked up the block and put it back in the toy box.
- Rev Schomp says this one is especially true of all of our residents here in Fowler
- Don’t get all weird about getting older! Our age is merely the number of years the world has been enjoying us!
- Here is one from Rev, John Taylor
- Went to the grocery store with my hubby. We wore masks. Came home with my hubby – wrong hubby!
- Masks will be a part of our attire for a long time! We need to memorize each others eyes!
- And here is the answer to a question many are asking:
- I remember a story about a Rabbi during a natural disaster. He was asked how he could explain such a tragic act of God. The Rabbi answered that the disaster was an act of nature; the act of God occurred when people stepped up to help each other.
- Today is Good Friday –
- For Christians, Good Friday is a day of remembrance not only of the brutal death endured by Jesus, but ultimately for the love that was carried out on that day
- For God so loved the world that He sent his only begotten son.
- How have you spent Good Friday?
- How have you loved others today?
- For many, Good Friday is a day to fast and pray.
- Fasting and prayer remove distractions and creates opportunity to hear the heart of God. Fasting on Good Friday is a helpful way to direct our focus to Christ.
- So today on Good Friday, let’s put aside the distractions of our world
- Let’s put aside the distraction of our forced solitude
- Let’s use this time to love as Christ loved us.
- Today at 3pm, our Good Friday service will be broadcast live from our chapel and through Facebook Live. I hope you will join us in this time of prayer.
All Daily Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919.