- Good afternoon Fowler Family!
- Today is Saturday Celebration Day
- It is my honor to announce the winner of the FCA Door Decorating Contest:
- The winner is Eddie Morgan! Congratulations!
- Here’s our funny for the day:
- 2020 is a unique leap year. It had 29 years in February, 180 days in March, 9 months in April, and so far we’re 6 years into May.
- We have just a few COVID announcements as we want to get done in time to watch the SpaceX launch at 2:22 today
- We remain in Code Red High Risk Zone in Dallas
- Dallas County reported 200 more coronavirus cases and one death on Friday
- It’s the second consecutive day the county has confirmed at least 200 new COVID-19 cases after five days of fewer than 200 cases
- Dallas County has confirmed 9,787 COVID-19 cases, including 223 deaths
- The county is reporting a “sustained daily census of between 300 and 350 COVID-19 patients in Dallas County hospitals over the past two weeks
- Judge Clay Jenkins latest Stay Home/Stay Safe order is in effect until June 12
- There is a specific clause in the order that pertains to us:
- “Nursing homes, retirement and long-term care facilities are instructed by this Order to prohibit non-essential visitors from accessing their facilities unless to provide critical assistance or for end-of-life visitation”
- We are working on Phase 3 of our internal plan and will have those details on Tuesday
- This afternoon, for the first time since the retirement of the space shuttles in July 2011, NASA astronauts are scheduled to blast off from American soil in an American rocket to the International Space Station. In contrast to astronaut launches in the past, a private company, SpaceX, will be in charge of mission control instead of NASA. The company, founded by Elon Musk, built the Falcon 9 rocket and the capsule, Crew Dragon, which the two astronauts will travel in.
- The mission is scheduled to lift off at 2:22 p.m. Central time from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. Coverage of the launch on NASA Television began at 11 a.m. and you can turn to Channel 2 now to watch this liftoff
- Make it a great day on purpose
All Daily Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
Email: Covid19info@fowlercommunities.org COVID-19
Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919