- Good afternoon Fowler Family!
- Daily COVID update
- Dallas County’s Shelter in Place order expired last night based on the governor’s orders to go back to work
- However, we remain in Level Red in the Risk Assessment tool
- Yesterday, Dallas County reported 5 deaths/199 new cases, the lowest in two weeks
- However, researchers at UTSW are projecting an increase throughout the summer based on their estimates of the impact our increased mobility will have – again these are projections but they support the request to limit your exposure, maintain hygiene and wear your mask – all elements of Fowler’s Love Your Neighbor Basics
- They are adding new test sites throughout Dallas – increased testing is imperative to reducing risk
- One of our submitted jokes – The whole country could be tested by midnight if they’d let the Chick-fil-A crew run the drive-through testing sites!
- As we shared yesterday, our Daily Briefing will now be 3/week – on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- We will also reduce our Daily Prayers and incorporate them with morning devotionals
- The remainder of our Channel 2 programming will continue
- Continue to put your prayer requests in the prayer boxes located in each building
- Today, Chaplain Venessa is back
- Venessa took a one-week intensified class and she told us she is thrilled to be back – she has been sitting in front of her computer for 8 hours each day for class work with homework every night – I think she has missed us!
- Close today with a blonde joke:
- A trucker came into a truck stop cafe and placed his order. He said, “I want three flat tires, a pair of headlights and a pair of running boards.” The brand new blonde waitress, not wanting to appear stupid, went to the kitchen and said to the cook, “This guy out there just ordered three flat tires, a pair of headlights and a pair of running Boards. What does he think this place is, an auto parts store?””No,” the cook said, “Three flat tires mean three pancakes, a pair of headlights is two eggs sunny side up, and running boards are 2 slices of crisp bacon.” “Oh, OK!” said the blonde. She thought about it for a moment and then spooned up a bowl of beans and gave it to the customer. The trucker asked, “What are the beans for, Blondie?” She replied, “I thought while you were waiting for the flat tires, headlights and running boards, you might as well gas up!”
All Daily Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919