- Good afternoon Fowler Family!
- Today is Fun Friday!
- It’s also Chocolate Chip Cookie Day!
- “We might not know which came first — the chicken, or the egg — but when it comes to chocolate chips and their namesake cookie, the history is well-documented, and it might not be what you think. Chocolate chips actually came after the chocolate chip cookie – they were first marketed in 1940! Legend has it that the chocolate chip cookie was a happy accident, born when baker ran out of baker’s chocolate and opted for semi-sweet instead.
- The recipe spread like wildfire, and after a few years of selling their semi-sweet chocolate bars with a chopping tool (for easy chunking of the bar), Nestlé went one step further by introducing chocolate “morsels” to the world. With such a history, and with so much mass appeal, it’s no surprise that this kitchen delight deserves celebration, and that’s why, on May 15, we’ve got National Chocolate Chip Day.”
- Yesterday’s COVID count in Dallas County – 235 new cases, 6 deaths
- Dallas saw an increase in hospitalizations [+12] and ventilator usage [10+]
- A hospital in Collin County has the first case of Kawasaki Disease which is believed to be linked to COVID in children
- We remain in the Dallas County Red Zone for Highest Risk for Spread
- Follow the county recommendation for risk at https://www.dallascounty.org/covid-19/
- As you can see, we do not have a lot of daily COVID news to share
- Even the news media has moved on
- As such, we will begin doing Daily Briefings 3 days/week on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- This weekend, we will do Saturday only
- Prayers and devotions will continue daily – please keep sending your Godwinks so they can be shared during our prayer time
- We have not talked about the Coloring Contest
- Two weeks ago, Fowler Coloring books were distributed for a coloring contest – all residents and staff are invited to participate
- The Fowler Coloring book was created for our 125th Anniversary
- To enter the contest, color one of the full-page pictures and turn it in to your building manager by Friday 5/22 and we will announce a winner by 5/29
- The winner will receive a $75 gift card to Amazon
- We have birthdays to celebrate!
- In Jackson Living Center
- Oma I on 5/16
- Dora G on 5/21
- In Fowler Christian Apartments
- Marion B 5/15
- Florence M, Katie L and Nancy O on 5/18
- Helen Z on 5/19
- Happy birthday to all!
All Daily Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919