- Good afternoon Fowler Family!
- I got a call yesterday that we had a streaker at Fowler!
- Luckily, it turned out to be our foster family’s three year old who wriggled out of her clothes and went outside to stand by the fence and wave at Michael who drove by on the golf cart making grocery deliveries – oh and all the Jackson residents who were looking out the window at that moment
- Diana Palmer shared her favorite pun
- What did the fish say after bumping into a wall?
- As the numbers continue to go up in Dallas County – 187 new cases yesterday and 20% increase in deaths this week.
- We are seeing an increase in hospitalizations, ICU numbers and ventilators numbers
- So disappointing
- These are the statistics we are paying attention to as we discuss the reopening of Fowler
- However, we continue to look for signs of hope
- The FDA has fast tracked a drug that appears to be a promising treatment
- Gilead Sciences Inc. said it’s donating 1.5 million doses of its experimental anti-coronavirus drug Remdesivir, which could treat 140,000 patients
- Their CEO says donating the entire supply through early summer is the right thing to do at this time
- Fauci, director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases, states the data shows that Remdisir has a clear-cut, significant, positive effect in diminishing the time to recovery. He said the drug would become “the standard of care.”
- I cannot say the word Gilead without thinking about Margaret Atwood’s book “The Handmaid’s Tale” that was published in 1985
- While businesses in Dallas have permission to open, many are choosing not to, or they are delaying so they can implement safety protocols – we are thrilled to see good judgment by so many
- It is important that our businesses and citizens maintain the vigilance
- I am dropping a video today and it will be posted on our Facebook page, website and on YouTube outlining our thoughts on our next steps
- This is in response to many of your questions
- Tomorrow is Godwink Sunday so be sure to send us your Godwinks – where are you seeing God in our midst?
All Daily Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919