- Good afternoon Fowler Family!
- Here are our COVID updates for the day
- Locally, Dallas County has reported 75 new cases of COVID, with a total of 2909, including 81 deaths; 40% of our deaths in Dallas County have been in senior communities
- Nationally, we have 922,000 confirmed cases with more than 52,202 deaths – 2040 American died yesterday
- Here at Fowler we are still COVID free
- The reopening of America is taking over the airwaves now
- Just as the closing of America came to us from various levels, the opening of our country is as well
- We are sifting through myriads of orders, finding consistency to follow
- On a national level, we have a 3 Phased approach to reopen our country with measured criteria that must be met at each phase for us to move on
- On a state level, different governors are choosing different approaches
- In Texas, Governor Abbott will update the Texas plan for opening the economy on Monday
- Our governor recognizes that ¼ of all Texas counties do not have COVID
- His initial Executive Order authorized the reopening of retail businesses in a Retail-to- Go Model
- It allowed healthcare facilities to resume some elective surgeries and procedures if they meet certain requirements.
- We have the new orders for Dallas County for reopening retail services that were not considered essential services
- Retail services can be provided only through pickup, delivery by mail or delivery. Customers are still not allowed to enter the retail business
- The general rules for reopened businesses are similar to what we are doing at Fowler as it pertains to hand hygiene, sanitizing, social distancing, face coverings and daily screenings
- Barbers, spas, salon, gyms are still prohibited
- Violation of this order is punishable by a fine not to exceed $1000 and/or confinement in jail for a term not to exceed 180 days. Additionally, any essential retailer who fails to strictly comply with these rules can be prohibited from operating in Dallas County
- On the news last night, they showed barber shops and salons that were open and not complying with these directives. And yes, the police were handing out tickets
- Just as the closing of America came to us in layers, the opening of America will also come to us in layers
- But regardless of what other businesses are doing, in all scenarios, senior living communities will be in the last phase to open
- Teammates, you need to stay the course – the attestation form you signed is still enforced
- You should continue to severely limit your social interactions and shelter in place
- If you are not at work, you should be at your home – no gyms, no hair or nail salons
- Continue to wash your clothes each time when you leave work
- Our screening procedures will be in place for a long time
- For our residents, nothing has changed for you either.
- Please continue to follow the Safer at Home guidelines
- If you must leave for essential business, please follow the Departure Protocols
- Tomorrow is Godwink Sunday – please send us your experiences of where you see God at work at Fowler –share an example of kindness and compassion.
- You can drop it in the prayer boxes or send it to us in the COVID email
- That’s all of our updates for today!
All Daily Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919.