- Good afternoon Fowler Family!
- We have had a few questions come up regarding PPE – personal protective equipment
- Fowler has enough hand sanitizer, N95 masks, gowns, gloves and face shields – we are fully prepared to reduce exposure and protect our staff if we have a case of COVID
- We have been very creative in securing some of it as many vendors were out of supplies
- We purchased hand sanitizer from a compounding pharmacist who is the husband of teammate Sherri Munn
- We bought N95 masks from Billie Collin’s in-laws who run an industrial supply company
- Through a neighborhood partnership with Woodrow Wilson High School, we received a donation of face shields that were made by the Robotics class
- The students figured out how to make them with 3D printers, they raised the money to purchase the supplies and then donated what they made to Fowler and other hospitals.
- We purchased additional shields through a company that normally makes signs and now is making face shields. This is one way they are staying in business and able to pay their employees
- Gowns were the most difficult to locate – we found a great substitute – raincoats!
- In national news, the president signed a $484 billion relief package bill today which is designed to help small business
- Locally, Dallas County has reported 80 new cases of COVID, with a total of 2763, including 72 deaths
- Here at Fowler, we are still COVID free
- We have received many, many thank you notes and messages of kindness.
- Billie Collins, Chief Housing Officer recently received a kind note from Carol G
- Billie, I want to thank you for your caring leadership. You do have the best way to manage such a difficult job. I admire and appreciate how you handle the good times as well as the not so good.
- Thank you, Carol for recognizing Billie for her leadership
- Today is Fun Friday and we have some resident birthdays to announce
- Elaine Bennett
- Diana Palmer
- Mary Dooley
- Mattie Sanford
- Alexis King
- Kay Swenson
- Suzanne Boase
- Next Friday is May 1.
- It was supposed to be our Visionary Women luncheon
- Our luncheon usually raises more than $250,000 each year – more than 20% of our donations each year come from the luncheon
- Obviously, we cannot do our big event at the Omni due to the Shelter in Place ruling
- However, we are going to do a virtual event
- Next Friday at 12 noon, we will gather virtually through You Tube and we will hear from various speakers and raise money for Fowler
- Stay tuned for some special surprises and instructions on how you can watch our Visionary Women virtual event
- I want to leave you with words of wisdom from Rev Schomp:
- “When this COVID19 is over and we go back to our normal lives, never forget that during the crisis we were not desperate for actors, athletes or reality TV stars. We needed teachers, doctors, nurses, shop workers, delivery drivers and countless others who we usually take for granted.”
- That’s all of our updates for today!
All Daily Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919.