- Good afternoon Fowler Family!
- I want to start with a quote from John Taylor
- I don’t make jokes; I watch the government and report the facts
- Yesterday, we started passing out Planters Peanuts to residents and teammates:
- The message attached said: “Hello Fowler Family, I know things have been kind of nutty, but stick with us and we will get through this together”
- The peanut packs were part of our Amazon Wishlist and friends from all over Texas have been purchasing items to send to you – many of these items are being used to stock the Emergency Pantry at FCA and The Ebby House.
- Other items include coloring books, colored pencils, crossword puzzle books and journals. If you would like to have a coloring book or puzzle book please let us know and our Sunshine team will get one to you
- Author Missy Buchanan has been providing daily journaling topics; if you have ever thought about writing your life story for your family here are some prompts to get you writing about your life
- Describe a time when you were very surprised by someone or something
- Describe your childhood home
- Describe your first paid job
- Tell about a time you were brave, even though you were afraid
- Tell about something you are grateful for
- I have just a few COVID updates:
- Dallas County Health and Human Services is reporting 81 new cases today, bringing the total case count in Dallas County to 2683 with 65 deaths
- Of those being hospitalized, most are over 60
- 1/3 of all deaths have been associated with long-term care facilities
- There are now 13 facilities in Dallas that are reporting more than 232 COVID cases with 23 deaths
- Fortunately, Fowler is NOT one of them – we are still COVID free
- That is through all of efforts – thanks to our residents, staff and friends outside of our gates who are helping support us in our efforts
- In Texas, we have nearly 21,944 cases
- 202 out of 254 counties are now reporting cases
- In the United States we are at 802,000 cases
- They are continuing to do antibody testing, testing with plasma and more than 30 different vaccines or flu shot type remedies
- One of our FCA residents, Jackie Valadao has suggested that we have a community singalong.
- Jackie that is a wonderful idea and we will are going to do this next Wednesday after our briefing
- We are still working on the details – Chaplain Venessa is going to provide song sheets and details by Monday
- We are going to end today’s briefing with a song from some of our teammates
All Daily Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919.