- Good afternoon Fowler Family!
- I heard a funny joke: It feels like I’m 16 again. Gas prices are 1.25 and I’m grounded! I loved this joke and remember this all to well at 16!! It made me curious what gas prices were in 1983. Turns out the average was 1.05 and this would be 3.20 in the value of money today.
- It would be fun to hear how much gas was when you were 16, so let us know!
- Another interesting bit of information, submitted by John Taylor, Isaac Newton invented calculus and discovered the inverse square law of gravity while Cambridge was shut down in 1665. Here is the story: In 1665 Issac Newton had just finished his BA at Cambridge and was planning to continue as a grad student when the university was shut down due to an outbreak of the plague. Having nothing better to do, he went home and invented calculus and discovered the inverse square law of gravity.
- In our ongoing discussion related to the Texas reopening, we have been told Governor Abbott will be revealing his guidelines for the state on April 27th
- As of the time of this briefing, we have not heard anything specific for the City of Dallas
- As a reminder, we remain under shelter in place orders through April 29th
- Another resource from the CDC, Coping with a Disaster or Traumatic Event (show resource)
- This resource includes sections for helping children, steps for self-care and common signs of distress
- Keep in mind, there is the COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919
- Erin will now help us celebrate some of our team members milestones
- Tomorrow is Ramoneika Russell’s birthday. Happy birthday wishes, Ramoneika!
- Tomorrow Dwight Ausbrooks celebrates his one-year anniversary at Fowler
- Derek Brown’s one-year anniversary with us is also tomorrow.
- Michael Swan’s one-year anniversary is on the 23rd.
- VIA “Dwight Ausbrooks encourages me daily; always make sure I have all the support needed to achieve my goal for the day. I am grateful for Mr. Dwight.” –Lubia Gwak
- Welcome to our newest teammate Derika Woodard. Most recently Derika served at The Villa at Mountain view as a C.N.A. Prior to that she served at Lakewest Rehab and skilled nursing care, Elysian Hospital and Parkland Hospital. Derika has been a C.N.A. since 2004. We are happy you’ve joined the Fowler Family, Derika!
- “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much” Helen Keller
- “I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things” Mother Teresa
- “Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress, working together is success” Henry Ford
- Thank you, Erin!
- Today we have Pam Coit with us to close us in prayer
- Pam has been part of the Fowler family since 2005 and will celebrate 15 years of service in July
- She supports me in the administration building and has supported three presidents at Fowler in her tenure
- Hopefully, I’m her last one
- Pam is a wonderful support to Fowler and brings a clam, faithful and peaceful presence
- I’ve long valued her maturity and wisdom
- Thank you, Pam, for being with us today to close us in prayer!
All Daily Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919.