- Good afternoon, until further notice, the days of the week are now called Thisday, Thatday, Otherday, Someday, Yesterday, Today and Nextday!
- So on “Thisday,” we have some somber COVID Updates from the CDC
- The US now has 459,165 confirmed cases and we have passed Italy for the most deaths of any nation; yesterday our nation recorded more than 2000 deaths in one day
- New York has more confirmed cases than most countries with 174,489 people
- In Texas, we have more than 12,561 cases as of yesterday
- The CDC has also reported the following impact by age
- .6%, 0-4 years old
- .2%, 5-17 years old
- 3%, 18-49 years old
- 7%, 50-64 years old
- 7%, 65+
- We are keenly aware that our older adults have the worst outcomes
- Two weeks ago, we reported that the first deaths in nursing communities in Dallas had been reported and since then, the impact in senior communities has been strangely absent from the news
- More than 160 nursing facilities and 33 assisted living communities in Texas are reporting COVID cases; numbers in independent living communities have not been made public
- In Dallas, we know that as of Thursday, 9 facilities in Dallas are reporting more than 115 confirmed cases combined.
- One nursing home is reporting 39 cases and another is reporting 45
- I tell you this because as hard as it is, we need to keep going and maintain our vigilance
- Fowler is still COVID free
- It’s important we do not become complacent
- The data is telling us that social distancing is working. Masks are our new way of life.
- This Easter weekend, its important for us to remember that this COVID story can end end with triump and renewal
- “Thisday” is great day to realize our hope.
All Daily Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919.