- Good afternoon Fowler Family!
- Happy North Texas Giving Day!
- Today is the largest philanthropic giving day of the year in North Texas
- On this one day, people all over North Texas become philanthropists
- Last year, as a collective group, North Texans raised more than $50 million dollars for over 2800 charities
- As a nonprofit, Fowler from this outpouring of generosity and from the awareness that is created about charitable giving
- As of right now, we have raised more than $22,000 for our One Heart Fund.
- If you would like to give, you have three options:
- Go to https://www.northtexasgivingday.org/JulietteFowler to make a donation online; these donations will be eligible for bonus dollars
- You can provide check or cash and we will enter your gift online
- Call the Juliette Fowler Foundation at 214-515-1342 and make a gift over the phone with your credit card
- COVID Update
- On Tuesday through routine COVID staff screening at Pearl Nordan Care Center, a staff member was presumptive positive for COVID
- In subsequent tests of residents, one resident test came back presumptive positive with our point of care testing machine
- We immediately activated our protocols for communication to families and residents in Pearl Nordan Care Center and notified the Health authorities
- Yesterday, we retested all staff and residents using a different test, including the two presumptive positives from the day before
- The original resident who tested presumptive positive on Tuesday through our rapid test, was NEGATIVE through the lab confirmed test!
- The staff member remains positive and is in isolation at her home
- As of now, we are still waiting for additional results, but so far, all subsequent lab confirmed tests have been negative.
- HUGE shout out to the team that has been administering these tests, to the COVID Emergency Response Team that activated our protocols Tuesday evening
- And to everyone for continuing to remain vigilant in our efforts to protecting the lives of those who live and work at Fort Fowler – our masks are our #1 weapon
- Keep it up, social distance, wash those hands, stay on it
- NEIGHBORHOOD UPDATE: Winters Park – the former Randall Park
- Nicole announced on Tuesday that she was moderating an east Dallas community meeting next Tuesday 9/22, 6:30-8pm, regarding the usage of Willis Winters Park, formerly Randall Park
- As this meeting will be done by ZOOM and we are limited to 100 seats on the call, we will be providing opportunity for Fowler residents to listen through Watch Parties – stay tuned for more information
- Nicole also announced that she wants your feedback and we have forms for you to complete
- VOTING in National Election – Sarah Floyd has been able to secure an early, in-person voting time for our residents at our local polling place – more information to follow
- Reminder – when we first started our COVID time together, Chaplain Venessa placed prayer boxes throughout Fowler
- Please remember to place your prayer request in the prayer boxes
- We are a community of prayer and what a blessing it is to lift up your needs
- Family message:
- Dear Fowler, I was very glad to be able to be there for my mother’s last week. It was so important to us all. COVID certainly makes life more challenging for us all, in so many ways…We will certainly miss mother very much, but we had begun missing pieces of her for several years. Even so, there were several moments of grace that occurred while I was there, that let me know she was still there and still the kind, loving mother I had always known. I wouldn’t trade that for anything. The staff at Juliette Fowler has been absolutely wonderful over the past 5 years. The whole family really appreciates all the love, care, and attention that you and colleagues gave to her.
- Thank you, team for the many ways you love people and make a difference
- Make it a great day on purpose!
All COVID Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919