- Good afternoon Fowler Family!
- COVID UPDATE:
- Dallas County reported 337 confirmed cases and 6 probable cases for a total of 343 new cases yesterday
- Fowler Updates:
- One of these confirmed cases is here at Fowler
- Yesterday, a Fowler Christian Apartments employee received a positive diagnosis of COVID. The employee works in FCA Assisted Living in the C/D building and is in a direct caregiver role. The employee has no symptoms and is isolating at home.
- The call tree was activated to all FCA employees, residents and the FCA assisted living families
- Currently, no other team members or residents have COVID or COVID symptoms
- Through contact tracing, we identified residents and employees who needed to be tested and all of those tests have been completed – no other tests are needed at this time
- Please monitor the Incident Report our website for updates and as always, if you have questions reach out to the COVID hotline or through the email below
- Mobile dentist will be returning to FCA – please contact your service coordinator to schedule an appointment
- FCA residents will also soon see Tommi Gee making meal deliveries to apartments
- Tommi and the mail man are all that have been cleared to return to your building
- Our Virtual Blessing of the Animals will be on 10/19 at 2:30pm from Channel 6 in the Schneider Chapel. Send your pet’s name to Venessa either by the flyer that was delivered to your apartments or email at email@example.com by October 14. Teammates, you can send your pet’s name to Venessa as well.
- PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:
- The city has created new curbs immediately outside of our gates around the new bike lane; however, they were not clearly marked, and people have experienced damage to their cars when they accidentally hit these curbs. Please be careful especially around our Abrams entrance – they have started painting them; meanwhile be cautious
- The election season is upon us:
- Each of us has an opinion and our voice can be heard through our vote, or not, because we have the freedom to choose
- That is the beauty of our country. We are a country of freedoms – freedom to vote our choice, freedom to speak out, freedom to our opinion
- Our challenges lie in how we voice our opinions, how we respond to someone with a difference of opinion
- And the answer at Fowler, is to move through this season in the same way we have moved through other topics of that could be perceived as controversial – we will approach them in the Fowler way
- Here at Fowler we celebrate choice – Our mission is to provide the dignity of choice, the warmth of community and the benefits of connection.
- At Fowler, we love people and we choose to find ways to make a difference in each other’s lives
- Let’s stay in that space of love, not judgment, of respect, not contempt
- Let’s be tolerant of other viewpoints
- We are not free to hurt others with our words or actions; John Wesley, the founder of Methodism said “Do no Harm”
- Treat others how you wish to be treated
- Only 26 more days…we can do this Fowler Family!
- Make it a great day on purpose!
All COVID Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919