- Good afternoon Fowler Family!
- This week, Nicole and members of our team are participating in a virtual conference for Leading Age, our industry organization of non-profit providers. This group has been a resource for us throughout the pandemic and we look forward to the benefits of this learning opportunity. Nicole will be back with you next Tuesday
- COVID UPDATE:
- As of 4:00 pm October 5, 2020, Dallas County Health and Human Services is reporting 450 additional positive cases of COVID in Dallas County
- Children returning to school are not the boost to our numbers – in fact, a local school principal reported that children are having no problems with masks at all. They put them on and keep them on all day.
- Young adults between the ages of 18-30 continue to be the largest factor to community spread
- We are working on our visitation policies and should have details to share next Tuesday regarding when we anticipate visitation to begin in various areas
- As we have shared before, the re-opening of Fowler is just as important as the closing of Fowler at the onset of the Pandemic – the decision points are just as critical
- The steps we take going forward must continue to protect those who live and work at Fowler
- Teammate Tuesday:
- Happy birthday to Soul Chikopa and Francisco Martinez who both had birthdays on Sunday October 4th!
- Happy birthday to Ze Kebede who celebrates her birthday tomorrow, October 7th!
- New Teammate:
- Olu Fasusi joins us tomorrow. Olu is our new MDS coordinator/DON. Olu most recently has served as Assistant Director of Nursing at Farmersville Health and Rehab Center. He has been there since February of this year. He has also served at Erickson Senior Living as MDS Coordinator. Olu earned his Master’s in Public Health at Southern New Hampshire University and his Bachelor of Science in Public Health at Providence College. Olu is excited to become part of the Fowler Family and we are so happy he chose to join our team!
- We recently received two nice family letters
- Dear Tina, it was clear at our window visit with mom yesterday that she had a splendid birthday on Wednesday, and we know that you are the mover and shaker for that event. She looked terrific in her new outfit and obviously the party on the 16th was a big hit. We also appreciate your setting up a number of Facetime calls with friends and family, knowing that each one of the calls takes time on your end to set up and then attend.
- Mom just looked so happy on Thursday, and we are positive that feeling so special on her birthday is a big part of that happiness. We are grateful to you and the Worth team for making this a great day for her.
- And another:
- We have really enjoyed the Sunshine Food Fav opportunity and have had fun doing it and are so happy we get to keep our names and faces in front of our Mom❤️ The window visits are wonderful and it has been wonderful to see her face to face. She is smiling and we are feeling grateful.
- I also wanted to take the opportunity to let you know that we think Jackie Means is such a great addition to the staff at JF.
- Her role in the Activities area is excellent. We have appreciated her responsiveness…..every time…..re: Sunshine Food Fav, Window visits and recently some feedback she gave us re: “I’m Still Here” activities.
- Her responsiveness has encouraged us and her willingness to help has been amazing❤️
- And of course, thank you to JF Management and the consistently hard working and caring “Caregivers” at JF. A special thank you to Janet Mitchell, who continues to show her “big heartedness” and encouragement to our family. Also. we can’t say enough about everyone keeping our Mom (and all the residents) safe❤️
- These letters are examples of creating special moments
- Extraordinary moments have extraordinary impact – ways you cannot envision
- Extraordinary moments like these take time, they take effort, and they are worth every minute to the lives you are changing and the relationships you are creating
- Extraordinary moments will be remembered by our families, our residents and our team members
- Make it a great day on purpose – make it memorable!
All COVID Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919