- Good afternoon Fowler Family!
- COVID UPDATE:
- As of 4:00 pm November 4, 2020, Dallas County Health and Human Services is reporting 866 additional positive casesof 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Dallas County.
- There is a cumulative total of99,160 confirmed cases and 1,121 confirmed deaths.
- Fowler Updates:
- Our Worth residents are all recovering well and we are making plans to begin bringing them home once each one receives a 2nd negative test
- The positivity rate in Dallas County has risen which therefore impacts our testing schedule in skilled nursing.
- A positivity rate over 10% requires twice a week testing of team members
- Our teammates in the Carroll neighborhood will now need to be tested twice/week based on the rise in Dallas County
- With the levels of COVID cases rising in communities across the US, nursing homes and senior living communities see increases in new cases due to community spread
- We will be doing a trial run of our Essential Caregiver Visitor Program in Pearl Nordan Care Center next week
- This program will be rolled out in the Pearl Nordan Care Center and will require training, screening and visitor testing; this is our first opportunity for in person visits in PNCC
- Essential Caregiver Visitors will be resident designated visitors – up to 2 per residents – 1 visitor at a time
- We look forward to slowly welcoming our PNCC family members back to Fowler – we have missed you!
- A friendly reminder, due to spikes in Dallas County – outside of our gates – visitors in Jackson and FCA remain restricted. Dallas County remains in a RED High Risk Level – Stay Home/Stay Safe – No family member visits in Jackson or FCA at this time; residents may still leave, should they choose to, for visits off campus
- We are preparing Guidelines for Holiday Visits and hope to have that ready for you next week – we want everyone to be able to spend time with family should they choose to and there are ways to prepare and do your best to mitigate your risk for COVID transmission
- JFC new phone system will go live on tomorrow, Friday November 6th. The process will begin at 10am and should not cause any interruption in service.
- All office, common area and H&R phones are in the processing of being installed. It’s very important to give the building physical address if you must call E911 for an emergency. The new system will not merge over the addresses until 24hrs after the switch, although it could be sooner.
- We will be launching our Joy Team campaign next week
- Joy Team invites every team member to be a philanthropist
- Together, we have an opportunity to give back to our organization that means so much to us
- Last year 78% of our team members joined Joy Team
- We will not be able to all meet in the Community Center for our Joy Team Kickoff as we have in the past, but the party will come to you
- The mission advancement team has fun activities scheduled so stay tuned for more information and get ready to Spread S’more Joy!
- Resident Stories: Last week, FCA held a costume contest and here are the results:
- 1stPlace – Nancy C
- 2ndPlace – Liz B
- 3rdPlace – Joy P
- Honorable Mentions: Jan L, Merry F, Karen R
- Make it a great day on purpose!
All COVID Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919