- Good afternoon Fowler Family!
- COVID UPDATE:
- As of 2:00 pm November 2, 2020, Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) added an additional 1517 positive casesof COVID-19 in Dallas County for a cumulative total of 97,875 confirmed cases including 1,119 confirmed deaths.
- These cases did not happen in one day – a large network of outpatient clinics has just begun comprehensive electronic reporting of their antigen testing results to DCHHS. Of the probable cases being reported today, about 80% are from these clinics, representing recent positive antigen test results of Dallas residents from 10/13/20 through 10/29/20
- Only 477 of the new cases are truly considered ‘new cases’
- Fowler Updates: The Story of Recovery Continues
- All residents currently at Fowler in Worth Neighborhood were tested again and all are negative
- We are currently working on the safe return of the residents who have been at Christian Care
- We are blessed and we are so very grateful that we have a story of recovery to share
- Parks Department Survey:
- The Parks Department is conducting a survey regarding proposed updates to the piece of land referred to as the “Trailhead”
- The trail head is on the Santa Fe Trail just north of us
- In the renovation of another park, the city will have an excess amount of dirt that can be used to fill in a gully on the Trailhead, potentially improving the utilization of the land
- There is an online survey which can be accessed here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/?sm=OPAwn9upQUxA9e7UfCw_2Fkg_3D_3D
- They specifically want feedback from Fowler residents and will also make paper surveys available. When we receive the surveys they will be distributed to you and must be returned by Thursday 11/12.
- One specific item of clarification:
- There is social media chatter that the dirt the city plans to use to fill in the trailhead is contaminated
- The park board has been very clear – this is a false statement.
- If the Parks Department ever decides to use repurposed soil in any of its projects, that soil is thoroughly tested prior to use. That is just one of the basic steps in the process.
- Known contaminated dirt would not be moved to another location
- If the Park Board receive a 50%+ consensus in favor of some type of improvements, from the community, we will move forward with a task force and begin looking at development plans. That will be a long process with a lot of community input and it will take many months
- Today is Election Day:
- So proud to live in a country that supports the freedom to vote
- More than 100 Million people voted prior to today in early voting
- Many states exceeded the 2016 election levels through early voting
- TEAMMATE TUESDAY:
- Happy birthday to Linda Lange and to Laura Porting! Both of these ladies celebrated their birthdays on November 1.
- Happy birthday to LaShun Williams who celebrated her birthday yesterday November 2!
- Virginia Coleman celebrates her birthday on November 6th. Happy birthday, Virginia!
- Wishing Lolja Gwinyai a happy one-year anniversary! Lola’s anniversary was November 1.
- Happy anniversary to Teresa Silva who celebrated 14 years at Fowler yesterday, November 2! Wow!
- Wishing Bill Gatlin a happy one year anniversary on November 5th!
- Happy anniversary two year anniversary to Adrian Ramirez! Adrian’s anniversary is on November 5th.
- Tom Brooks celebrates 24 years at Fowler on November 7th! Wow, 24 years!!!
- Make it a great day on purpose!
All COVID Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919