- Good afternoon Fowler Family! Happy New Years!
- We do not have a COVID update today – we return with our COVID news on Tuesday.
- Today, we will do a New Year’s Eve Devotional:
- “No, do not be afraid of those nations, for the Lord your God is among you, and he is a great and awesome God.” Deuteronomy 7:21 (NLT)
- At the beginning of each year, I select a word on which to focus on for the next twelve months. God puts a word on my heart and I live into that word each year.
- One year, I chose Joy; learning to choose joy in the midst of loss and pain was a lifesaver for me
- Another year I chose contentment and I learned to be grateful and more generous
- In 2020, my word was intentional. My year didn’t go as planned – I don’t think anyone’s did. As I focused on intentional actions, intentional words, intentional relationships, my forced simpler life was easier
- I am still working on my word for 2021
- Writer Grace Fox stated her word would be “great.” She shared, “I have no idea how God will use it to accomplish His purposes in and through my life, but I anticipate great things – not necessarily easy, but rich in life lessons.”
- Spiritual writer and pastor Jack Hayford said, “We have a great God. Therefore, we are encouraged to expect great victories, knowing that great battles are necessary for conquest, but confident because He is leading us.”
- We have been fighting a great battle – the COVID battle – all year. We will continue that battle into 2021 with the knowledge that a vaccine will be available to us soon. And that is a great
- As we move into 2021, may we be filled with hope and courage for the great year that lies ahead. Make it a great year on purpose!
- Dear Lord, we have been blessed beyond measure at Fowler.
- Thank you for our families, our friends, our loved ones – for all those who live and work at Fowler
- Thank you for our jobs, our homes, for the food we eat each day
- Thank you for your love, your protection, your peace
- As we enter this New Year, please continue to reveal your greatness
- Give us courage to find the goodness in others, the joy in each day
- And to move forward in faith, not fear. Amen.
All COVID Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919