COVID Briefing: August 25, 2020, 2 pm
- Good afternoon Fowler Family!
- COVID Update
- Yesterday Dallas County reported 182 new cases and zero new deaths
- Of those cases, 84 of them are from the data backlog we mentioned last week. If you recall, Counties across the state are reporting large backlogs of data from Texas officials due to a ‘coding error’.
- This brings the total confirmed cases for Dallas County to 69,086.
- Let’s talk about Contact Tracing. When an individual has been in close contact with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19, that individual may be contacted by a contact tracer in an effort to help slow the spread of the disease.
- Unfortunately, we have been notified that there are scammers targeting Medicare recipients pretending to be COVID-19 contact tracers.
- If you ever receive a call from an actual contact tracer, here is what you need to know:
- All information you share with a contact tracer, like who you’ve been in contact with and your recent whereabouts, is confidential.
- You may be asked to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- You may be asked to monitor your health and watch for symptoms of COVID-19 and to notify your doctor if you develop symptoms.
- A legitimate contact tracer will never ask for your Medicare Number or financial information. If someone calls and asks for personal information, like your Medicare Number, hang up and call 1-800-MEDICARE to report it.
- Fowler Updates:
- The Ground Guys should finish up their repairs to all sprinklers at JFC by this Friday, Aug 28th
- Another walk through will be done with JFC teammates and the landscaper to ensure every sprinkler is functioning properly and turned the right way next week
- Next step on the landscaping changes for JFC will be to review plan with Master Gardner’s
- Fowler Christian Apartments has had to make the difficult decision to close the beauty shop located in the Means Activity Center due to our inability to successfully keep our residents in assisted living separated from our independent living residents; Our license requires that assisted living residents have no contact with anyone other than staff and remain on lockdown; Despite our best efforts, we were not able to maintain that requirement; Once the restricted access has been lifted, we will resume PS Salon services.
- We want to remind all of our IL residents that they can leave the community to get their hair cut and other services moving forward; If you are a FCA IL resident in need of assistance with making an appointment, please reach out to your Service Coordinator, Dwight or Lubia
- Fowler Emergency Communication Team is continuing to have discussions and plan out next steps toward the slow reopen of Fowler
- For AL we are in the process of obtaining Life Safety approval for visitation inside with either a plexiglass divider or a window inside the building (we cannot have shared air)
- For IL, we are working on a protocol to allow for new residents to tour JLC in person
- PNCC and FCA AL residents and families will receive a phone call to discuss the plan for licensed areas one on one
- Teammate Tuesday:
- On Sunday the 23rd Ken Carpenter celebrated 2 years at Fowler. Happy Anniversary wishes, Ken!
- Rawlei McClanahan’s 8 year anniversary at Fowler is this Thursday the 27th. Happy Anniversary, Rawlei! Wow, 8 years!
- Wishing Katie Pedigo a very Happy Birthday! Katie’s birthday is this Thursday the 27th!
- Joining the team this week is Godia McNeil. Goldia will serve as Receptionist on Saturday/ Sunday from 7am to 11pm. She most recently served at AmTrust North America as a Receptionist/ Office Services Assistant. Goldia has been at AmTrust since 2015. Goldia has also served in the past as an Accounting Assistant at DART and an Administrative Assistant at Apria Healthcare. Join me in giving Goldia a warm welcome this Friday!
- Thank you – and make it a great day on purpose!
All COVID Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919