- Good afternoon Fowler Family!
- COVID Update
- Roughly 1.75% of all Texans have tested positive for COVID-19 so far
- Of them:
- More than 10,000 have died
- 399,572 have recovered
- At least 125,487 people across the state are considered active cases
- Counties across the state are reporting large backlogs of data from Texas officials for the past few days due to a ‘coding error’
- Sunday, Dallas County officials reported 161 new cases and an additional 5,100 cases from the past six months attributed to the backlog
- 13 more people in March
- 149 in April
- 80 in May
- 520 in June
- 4298 in July
- Another 603 in August so far
- On Monday more backlogged cases were reported – 1850
- Dallas County’s totals rose to 65,278 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 829 deaths.
- The combined new numbers raise the county’s cumulative total to 63,428 people who have tested positive since tracking began in March, with 825 deaths
- Dallas County hopes to release more information about the backlog later today
- What does this mean to us – there is a data collection dilemma at all levels which we cannot control. What we can control is our own behavior
- At some point, we will be past this pandemic and the numbers will shake out
- Meanwhile, we are going to just keep doing what we are doing
- Teammates, you must continue to avoid spaces with more than 10 people
- We are depending on each other to restrict travel and being in public spaces
- Fowler family – stay vigilant with masks, hygiene and distancing
- There are questions about why families cannot drop groceries off at the Porte Cochere at Jackson
- We are still mitigating risk – our community is not open to visitors
- We are still managing exposure from outside of our community
- We have a lot of residents and cannot accommodate every family outside of the parameters we have setup
- For those who experience breathing challenges in masks, we have learned a tip that I want to pass on – put one drop of peppermint essential oil on the side of your mask – the peppermint will open up your nose and those who are using this say it works very well
- Mayor Eric Johnson has proclaimed tomorrow 8/19 as a Day of Prayer and Fasting to eradicate COVID. Chaplain Venessa will distribute our community prayer and we will read it together at noon. We will broadcast live from the chapel
- Teammate Tuesday:
- Today is Marylou Rodriguez’s birthday. Happy birthday, Marylou!
- Happy Anniversary to Angeline Silkowski! Her anniversary is on the 20th. Wow, 6 years have flown by
- Francisco Martinez joins the team tomorrow as a Facilities 2 technician. Francisco most recently served as Generalist Operator Level 5 at James Hardie Building Products where he was since 2016. Prior to that, he served at AEP as a Warehouse Supervisor and at International Extrusion Paint Line as a Specialist. Be sure to give Francisco a warm Fowler Family welcome when you meet him!
- Thank you – and make it a great day on purpose!
All COVID Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll