- Good afternoon Fowler Family!
- Nicole is on a Leading Age board meeting call and couldn’t be with you today
- Leading Age is a organization of other not for profit senior providers – we are members of the national organization and the Texas organization
- Nicole is on the Leading Age Texas Board and she is chair of the Education Committee; Billie Collins has served on the board as well and has served on the Affordable Housing Committee
- Leading Age is an important connection for us and Fowler is well represented – throughout COVID we have done weekly calls keeping up with others throughout the state which has been very helpful; Leading Age advocates for us with legislators and state agencies regarding policies that impact quality of life and care for older adults. Its good to know we have a voice in Washington and Austin
- COVID Update
- As of August 5,Dallas County Health and Human Services is reporting 508 new cases of COVID-19 today, bringing the total case count in Dallas County to 52,639, with 726 total deaths to date.
- 1 in 50 residents in Dallas have been infected with COVID
- Our health officials continue to ask all of us to help prevent spread of the virus by practicing non-pharmacological interventions – For us at Fowler that means You’re your Neighbor Basics
- Wear a mask, social distancing, covering coughs and sneezes and exercising good hygiene. Clean and disinfect surfaces frequently and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- If you are sick, stay in your home.
- The CDC recommends that travelers defer all cruise travel worldwide
- Thank you – and make it a great day on purpose!
All COVID Updates are posted on our website – www.fowlercommunities.org/covid19/
COVID Hotline: Phone: 214-515-7184 • Spanish Speaking Line: 214-515-1385
COVID-19 Mental Health Support Line 24 hours a day, 7 days a week toll-free at 833-986-1919